Monday, June 28, 2010

Summer Weekend: work hard, play hard

******I received reports that the photos were not showing up this morning, but to the best of my knowledge, and a lot of checking by my co-worker, I think I have it fixed! So sorry!! No idea what happened! Let me know if there are still issues though.******

One day, hopefully not in the too distant future, I won't have a thing I must do on my weekends.
But that's not happening yet!!
Instead, a good portion of my days were spent outside in the near 100 degree heat attempting to strip down a couple of doors. (I have more than a couple to do, but that's all I got to this weekend!)

CRW_9842

CRW_9841

60+ year old doors are kind of funny. If you have to strip them, you'll notice, they have quite a bit a paint on them. Perhaps I'm a little overly nostalgic, but even in the paint, like old wood, I think to the story the paint would tell. Some of the colors I found hiding were quite normal, just slight variations of white & cream. Then there was pink. The shade that used to be oh-so-popular for bathroom ceramics. I wonder if my house used to boast a pink toilet & matching tub. . .??

When not scrapping a door, we played! This weekend was a little different in that Big spent most of the time over at her Papa's house along with her older cousin. That meant some quality time with Little.

CRW_9880

I really enjoy having each of the girls one-on-one. I think they enjoy it too! A chance to be together without feeling the need to compete for Mommy or Daddy's attention! Not having to share toys! Getting to pick what activities to do! Oh bliss!!

CRW_9888

We knew big was going swimming and having all sorts of adventures, so we tried to make the weekend special for Little as well. Best thing to do in 100 degree heat? Turn on the sprinkler!!

CRW_9817
CRW_9812
CRW_9814

And no, the dog is not about to ferociously attack her in the last picture. That crazy dog went NUTS when we turned on the water. He might have enjoyed it more than Little! I think he kept trying to bite the water. It was rather funny to watch.

After our fun in the water we picked some zucchini from the garden. Apparently, we missed a few days because the zucchini we picked were ENORMOUS.

CRW_9844

The one on the right? No, it's not really small. It's how big the rest of them should have been. I don't think I've ever seen one that big!

So do you typically work or relax on your weekend? Is my dream of lazy weekends just a myth? Please tell me at least some of you get to enjoy lounging around drinking lemonade! :) Please!

xoxo—Lori Danelle

5 comments:

  1. I love that you have all this talent working with wood. for some reason I can't see any of the pictures on this post ;( is it my computer? really want to see the doors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is anyone else having trouble seeing the pictures? I've looked & I can't find a reason why they wouldn't show up. Please let me know. I'd like to fix it if I can!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, Thanks you two! Fixed. . .I hope!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lazy weekends... aah, a rarity. Sometimes we choose to have one (more like a day), and let the to-do list keep growing :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad that you've stopped by this blog & I LOVE hearing your feedback and questions — however, as this blog is no longer active I may not see it!! But no worries! I've moved all content from this blog to my new website and would appreciate it if you visited me over there: Lori Danelle.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails