Friday, June 18, 2010

My Daddy's Daughter

My Dad makes stuff.
His jet boat his senior year in shop class.
Our house.
Oh, the house. A source of angst & immense pride.
And absolutely beautiful woodwork.

He made the most amazing raised paneling throughout the entire house. Very intricate.
He loves wood.
So being that I am his daughter, I inherited the gene. But somewhere it got morphed a bit. While I am in awe of the work he has done in the house, it's not my style. I like my wood old & worn in.

So when I saw this earlier today on Design*Sponge, I knew I had to share it with you!


This furniture is from koff designs and is made from reclaimed & recycled wood! I want one! (go to their site for even more pieces!)

I'm not a big fan of pristine & I love to imagine the history and stories that got a piece of wood to it's current state. I love when it's been worn absolutely smooth. Plus, it's nice not to have to worry about messing up the table with a 1 & 3 year-old running around. Any dings would just add to it's charm & keep the story going!

AND!! Ever since seeing this pallet bed over at Ashley Ann's (this whole room makes me swoon!), I have become increasingly enamored with furniture made from pallets!


I happen to have daily access to as many pallets as I can carry. . .OK, more than that. I think I can only carry 1. . .and know for a fact that at least 1, if not 2 pallet beds will be added to a certain room in my house in the coming weeks. ( We've out grown the crib as demonstrated here. ) These pieces, however, make me want to continue on with the theme.

How many pallet derived pieces do you think I can have in my house before it starts looking like a junk yard?

xoxo—Lori Danelle

1 comment:

  1. oh! I love an old and filled with character piece of wood as well. this one is just amazing ;) and so is your new profile picture!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad that you've stopped by this blog & I LOVE hearing your feedback and questions — however, as this blog is no longer active I may not see it!! But no worries! I've moved all content from this blog to my new website and would appreciate it if you visited me over there: Lori Danelle.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails